The ITIL Intermediate Module – Service Operation Certificate can be studied as a free-standing qualification or, alternatively, as part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream. It is also a part of the modules that will lead to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This course will teach students about the management-level concepts and core information of the activities and techniques concerning service operation. There is a strong focus on the coordination of the activities that need to be executed in order to ensure that management of products produced or implemented during the service strategy, design and transition phases of the IT service lifecycle, are uninterrupted.
During the course, students will be taught a thorough understanding of the following:
- Service operation principles
- Service operation processes
- Common service operation activities
- Organising for service operation
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of service operation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.