Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Created by Project Leaders, for aspiring and practising Project Leaders
- Verify your skills and experience in leading projects for any organisation within any industry
- Enhance your confidence and skills to become an effective, systematic Project Professional
- Qualify and validate your expertise with the support of expert Tutors, Study Coaches, and Recruitment Advisors
PMP® (Project Management Professional)
The PMP® certification is similar to a passport: it demonstrates that you have met the required standard to carry out certain activities. In the case of a passport, you are able to travel to different areas and countries; in the case of the PMP® certification, you are able to manage varied projects in any industry you wish.
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the most widely recognised certification and approach to project management, designed to help project managers demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and experience in leading and directing project teams.
This PMP® certification demonstrates that you have met the rigorous standards set in place by the Project Management Institute (PMI) for managing projects. It makes your career as a Project Manager easier by validating your existing experience and providing you with access to a network of professionals, job opportunities, and industry recognition!
- Consultation with a Career Consultant to corroborate your course choice
- Unlimited, 12-month access to the PMP® Course
- Official PMP® Exam
- Certified Tutor to provide assistance with course queries
- Access to a full Support Team for assistance with examination, notes, and study queries
- A professional, Project Management-oriented CV rewrite
- A LinkedIn profile overhaul to maximise your new networking opportunities
Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Vendor: The Project Management Institute (PMI)
Course prerequisite: You must meet at least one of the following sets of certification requirements in order to qualify for this qualification:
Set 1 – Four-year Degree combined with 36 months of experience leading projects within the past 8 years, as well as 35 hours of Project Management education/training or CAPM certification
Set 2 – High school diploma or Associates Degree with 60 months of experience leading projects within the past 8 years, as well as 35 hours of Project Management education/training or CAPM certification
Study time: 8 – 12 weeks on average
Why study with us?
We care about your return on investment
From the moment you enquire, we want to ensure that you are making the right decision about where you invest your time and resources – that’s why we consult with you to ensure your development goals align with your skills and experience.
We value quality
Our staff comprises of certified professionals who are passionate about your success, and our learning materials have been rigorously assessed to ensure adherence to industry standards. We value quality and want to ensure you get the best out of your learning journey.
We have the experience
With thousands of reviews, a consistent TrustScore of 4.9 out of 5, and having helped professionals realise their potential since 2007, we want you to have peace of mind regarding your course and career decisions.
ITonlinelearning is partnered with ILX, a verified PMI Accredited Training Organisation (ATO), which means that this certification has been rigorously assessed and approved to meet industry standards.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a leading global organisation that serves the project management profession. PMI offers a number of certifications, including this Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification, which is one of the most widely recognised and respected project management certifications in the world. PMI sets the standards for the project management profession and provides a range of resources to support project managers at all levels, from entry-level to advanced.
PMI provides education, research, and standards to support the project management profession. PMI also offers a number of professional development opportunities, including training courses, conferences, and networking events. Candidates who pass the PMP® exam can also share their success by displaying their digital badge on social media and online communications, which is a dynamic representation of their certification.
The PMP® certification expires after 3 years, during which time you will have had to earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) to re-certify. This is to ensure your skills, knowledge, and experience remain aligned with the industry.
We are an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the UK’s most esteemed learning providers
Our courses have been developed in collaboration with industry-leading experts and are created by ITonlinelearning for you, exclusively.
PMP® (Project Management Professional)
What You Will Learn
There are 3 areas the PMP® certification focuses on providing clarity to: People, Process, and Business Environment. You will explore different subcategories of these topics and how to best integrate them into your Project Management approach.
This focuses on the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage and lead project team members, stakeholders, and other project resources. Topics covered in this section include:
- Understanding and managing team dynamics and conflicts within the project team
- Empowering and motivating team members to achieve project goals
- Managing team performance and addressing performance issues
- Ensuring team members and stakeholders are adequately trained and developed
- Facilitating team decision-making and problem-solving processes
- Managing virtual and distributed teams
- Supporting and mentoring team members and stakeholders
- Building shared understanding and agreement among stakeholders
- Promoting team performance through emotional intelligence and effective communication.
This section covers the knowledge and skills required to understand and apply the 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas defined in the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Guide:
- Initiating Process Group – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to define and initiate a project or a phase of a project
- Planning Process Group – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to plan and develop a project management plan and its associated components
- Executing Process Group – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to coordinate and manage the project team and other stakeholders to implement the project plan
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to monitor and control the progress of the project, identify and manage variances, and implement corrective actions as needed
- Closing Process Group – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to formally close a project or phase of a project, including archiving project records and transferring project assets
- Integration Management – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to develop and maintain a comprehensive project management plan and coordinate the various components of the plan
- Scope Management – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to define, plan, and manage the project scope, as well as verify and control the project deliverables
- Time Management – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to plan, schedule, and control project activities and resources to meet project objectives
- Cost Management – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to plan, manage, and control project costs, as well as estimate, budget, and manage project funds
- Quality Management – You will learn about the processes and techniques used to plan, manage, and control project quality, as well as verify and validate project deliverables
The business environment will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the organisational environment and how it affects the project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and their interests and influence
- Considering the environmental, social, and economic factors that may impact the project
- Understanding how project management aligns with organisational strategy and goals
- Applying knowledge of industry standards and regulations to the project
- Understanding and applying project governance and project management best practices
- Utilising project management information systems and tools to support decision making and communication.
Your Success is Assured
Expert Career Consultants
Our expert Career Consultants select qualifications that align perfectly with your aspirations by collaborating with you to identify your desired end-goal.
Our certified Tutors are there to assist you with course questions, exam queries, and revision so you have all the support you need to ace your exams.
Study Coaches and Mentors
Your Study Coach and Mentor is dedicated to guiding and supporting you throughout your journey by providing motivation, encouragement, and monitoring progress.
Experienced Recruitment Advisors
Your Recruitment Advisor will provide you with the tools you need to succeed, like an industry-oriented CV, Linkedin profile overhaul, and exclusive resources.
The Key to Your Success
Your Expert Career Consultant has received extensive training in the solutions we offer, and they understand that making the wrong choice can have a negative impact on your career, and overall well-being. They’re here to:
- Get to know you, your goals, and your experience
- Help you through the best options for you
- Make sure you choose the right path: financially, psychologically, and professionally.
Career and Progression Prospects
Project Management is used in a plethora of sectors, but here are a few roles you’re qualified to explore with this certification:
Junior Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Why Choose ITonlinelearning?
You will benefit from our perfected learning & development formula by enjoying support that forms the crux of our values and mission. Our TrustScore of 4.9 has remained consistent with thousands of 5-star reviews, so we’re happy to report that our customers agree.
When we say accredited, we mean that official experts from our licensed organisations have evaluated and approved our training material to ensure it meets their refined standards. These qualifications thus make you a credible and reliable professional.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to achieving personal and professional goals. You deserve career consulting and employability advice tailored toward your specific skills, experience, and aspirations – luckily, this is our forte.
To drive your success forward to the finishing line of your goals, our team comprises of professionals available at the press of a button to provide clarity on questions you have regarding your exam booking and preparation, portal and logins, assignments, as well as quizzes. You can also access one-to-one Tutor and Mentor Support so that your queries can be resolved swiftly and comprehensively. Our Tutors are experienced and certified in their fields, too!
Your certification will provide you with a significant competitive advantage by validating your skills and knowledge – with that, you can either contribute toward your current company or grow in another one.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your lifestyle in order to advance your skills. With your development at the forefront of our mission, we have personalised financing options so that you can live comfortably whilst investing in your future.
View Our Success Stories
Our TrustScore maintains a steady rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars for excellent service, but don’t take our word for it.
Projecting Your Salary
We want to help you achieve the best outcome in your studies so that you can flourish in your selected development pathway.
Project Support Officer
Browse Our Digital Shelves for Related Courses
JOIN THOUSANDS OF SUCCESSFUL GRADUATES
Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM)
Through Finance for Non-Financial Managers, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of key financial principles and concepts. From interpreting financial statements to analysing budgets and making informed investment decisions, you will gain the skills needed to navigate the financial landscape confidently.
Better Business Cases™ Foundation
With Better Business Cases™ Foundation certification, you will gain the knowledge and skills to effectively analyse, evaluate, and articulate the value and feasibility of proposed projects. You will become adept at aligning business objectives with investment decisions, identifying optimal solutions, and presenting compelling justifications that secure stakeholder buy-in.
Agile Business Consortium Scrum Master
This certification equips you with the expertise to ensure alignment between IT services and business needs, enabling you to manage the end-to-end process of technology-enabled product and service delivery. Unlock your potential and seize exciting career opportunities by pursuing the Scrum Master certification.
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions, and we have all the answers
The PMP® (Project Management Professional) certification is a globally recognised certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) that demonstrates an individual’s knowledge and skills in project management. It is intended for project managers with experience leading and directing projects.
The PMP® certification is designed for project managers and professionals with experience leading and directing project teams who want to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in the field to potential employers and clients. It’s recognised globally and indicates a level of experience, education, and proficiency in project management. While it’s commonly held by professionals in construction, IT, manufacturing, healthcare, and finance, it’s useful for anyone in the project management field looking to further develop their skills.
The PMP® certification is assessed and awarded by means of an examination. This exam comprises of 180 questions and will be 3.5 hours long excluding two 10-minute breaks, bringing the total duration to just short of 4 hours.
The PMP® certification is valid for 3 years. To maintain your certification, you must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) in that time frame.