Fast Track Your Cyber Security Career
Fast Track Your Cyber Security Career
Our cyber security training package is the perfect stepladder for your career
The hype around cyber security is real! It seems like everyone in the IT world wants to shift to a career in cyber security and there are reasons for the shift. With the world turning more and more to a reliance on IT systems and businesses migrating to web-based applications, the threat of data breaches and system compromises are real. Recent surveys have estimated that the total security threat to online IT systems rises by 20% each year and in some areas, which have embraced a new world of IT, the percentage is even higher! The UK alone is said to double its attacks to IT systems on a yearly basis.
Due to this fact, the need for experienced IT security professionals is in a state of ever-increasing demand. IT security professionals are now taking home salaries of between £60,000 and £100,000 pounds per annum. These salaries also seem to be growing exponentially over and above other roles in the IT sector. This means that as an IT security professional you will always be in demand!
Each of the courses in this study package is geared towards furthering your IT skills, from the fundamentals of IT to more complex roles such as IT cyber security.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CySA+
- MCSA: Windows 7
- MCSA: Windows 10
- Cisco CCENT
Our graduates work for these companies
Your 5 Star Support Team
Meet your friendly support team
“I strive to ensure that you receive the very best student support possible and are not only supported, but encouraged along your training journey.”
“My goal is to assist you with any queries, advice and career guidance. I will take this one step further by reviewing your CV in an effort to ensure that you put your best foot forward in a competitive job market.”
“As a certified IT Tutor, I am able to offer one-on-one guidance and instruction for any areas of the courses that you require, to ensure your success.”
You’ll have all the support you need
If you need advice or clarification on any specific part of your course, your Tutor will be available to help. They will also be on hand to give advice regarding your Live Labs, quiz content or to answer any general queries that you may have while you are studying.
You will receive guidance throughout your study journey from a dedicated Student Mentor who will be there to help you with the courseware in general. Upon completion of your course, they will be available to review and update your CV and will supply you with interview guidance and advice on professional conduct.
What’s included in this package?
|9 Internationally recognised cyber security courses|
|A job opportunity to get experience as an IT Technician|
|Get practical experience with our Live Labs environment|
|A dedicated Tutor and support team|
|A Career Mentor for career guidance and advice|
|A practical training workshop|
More than just courses
The best benefits included in this career package
Practical Experience VIDEO
Ensure that your CV lists the valuable practical experience that potential employers look for in a CV. This will be done by using Live Labs as well as taking part in the 1-week practical workshop.
Get a job in IT
Thanks to our IT placement program, 90% of our students gain a role in IT. From here, many of these candidates have landed roles with large companies like HP and Fujitsu.
Free CV review service
We will tailor your CV to ensure that it is IT security-specific. This will help you stand out from other candidates when applying for a job in your chosen field.
Support from a certified IT Technician
Do you have a technical query or problem? Our very own IT Technician will be available to help and support you while as your studies progress.
When you are ready, you will sit our online internal exam. This will test you on what you have learned and ready you for your IT Technician role.
Receive world-class support and advice from our Career Advisors. They will help you prepare for interviews and provide advice on conducting yourself professionally.
You Could Work Here
Here are a few examples of potential jobs that we could help you apply for after completing this package:
Cybersecurity Test Specialist
The IT Security team at HSBC are engaged to transform the way information security is accomplished at the bank and we are set to enable the business to do more, as securely as we want, or need to be. In short, in line with the Bank’s strategy, we are to be Simpler, Better, Faster and of course – More Secure.
• Lead and support peers within the Cybersecurity function to define and implement an industry leading Cybersecurity Service that supersedes our constantly changing information security threats
• Perform highly technical/analytical security assessments of custom mobile and web applications including the associated services and components
• Advise on vulnerability remediation, control implementation and secure development practices and be the source of expertise in application security
• Ensure compliance with internal audit and external regulators that any organisational changes are fit for purpose and meet their expectations
• Provide supervision, guidance and mentor less experienced members of a team
• Assist with coordination of security testing projects according to a structured process, including writing test plans, test cases and test reports
• Excellent understanding of Application Security concepts and principles
• Excellent understanding of platform-specific security risks, common vulnerabilities for mobile applications, common risks in financial applications
• Experience of prior demonstrable hands-on experience in security testing of Mobile applications and Web technologies using manual and automated testing methods
• Experience with performing manual & automated security code reviews for Java, Objective C, Swift and Kotlin programming languages
Cyber Incident Response Analyst
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries. Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions – to be the world’s most loved holiday company. Support the management and ownership of security services and operations within Thomas Cook.
• Perform cyber security incident response duties and triage security incidents
• Responsible for assisting in the review of security events, including notification, escalation response and post incident reviews
• Responsible for the Identification of internal and external attacks against Thomas Cook networks
• Responsible for fine-tuning SIEM and IDS/IPS toolsets to provide maximum benefit and reduce overall company cyber risk
• Responsible for liaising with stakeholders to determine impacts, workarounds, analytical services and recommendations for improvement
• Responsible for ensuring monitoring and operational services are fit for purpose
• Provide command, control and reporting support for all security incidents
• Support enhancement, improvement and delivery of monitoring and response methods, procedures and processes to reduce risk
• Demonstrable evidence of conducting tactical and strategic analysis of cyber threats
• Strong analytical skills, capable of analysing complex technical information to identify patterns, trends and linkage.
• Previous experience within cybersecurity incident response
• Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into easily understood principals.
• The ability to pro-actively identify cross-functional threats
• Previous experience writing cyber incident response procedures
• Previous experience dealing with Malware outbreaks and spam/phishing incidents
Why Choose us?
Apart from receiving a world-class IT training package, you will be one of the candidates to be placed in an IT role with one of our partner companies!
What Will Set You Apart
- Start to think like a Cyber Security Analyst
- Gain the skills that employers are looking for
- Get practical experience while you study
- Ensure that your CV is professional and IT-specific
The Salary You Can Expect
- Network Security Analyst – £47,750
- IT Security Engineer – £55,000
- Cyber Security Analyst – £52,500
“Employers are looking for candidates who are the whole package. This includes the right certifications, the relevant work experience, a tailored CV and professional conduct in an interview. We are here to help you develop all these things and bridge the gap between you and your future job.”
Is This The Package For Me?
This package will suit you perfectly if you are interested in starting a career in cyber security. The IT and cyber security courses that are included will help you develop from an IT Technician into an IT security professional.
OUR CAREER ADVISORS ARE READY TO HAVE A CHAT!
Still have a question?
Please get in touch with us if you have any other questions.
Why do I need Live Labs?
With Live Labs, you will have the chance to practise your skills on real equipment. You will have access to routers, switches and servers that can be manipulated from your browser. This provides you with valuable practical experience.
Over what period of time does the finance option allow me to pay for my courses?
You will have the option to pay for your studies over either a 12 or 24-month period.
What are the prerequisites to undertaking the job opportunity?
You will be required to complete your studies with us, pass our internal exam and attend a one -week practical workshop and assessment at our recruitment partner’s head office.
You will also need to show a positive attitude, be keen to learn, have a passion for technology and have good listening and timekeeping skills. Some of our roles require a clean UK driver’s licence and own vehicle as they are Field Technician roles. Your Student Mentor will advise and answer any further questions you may have.
Which of these courses would be the best starting point for my studies?
We recommend starting your studies with the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course, as it will provide you with the basic knowledge that is essential when starting an IT career.
Don’t see your question here?
Feel free to contact us. Our Course and Career Advisors can help you decide if this course package is right for you. Enquire now.