Diploma in Software Development
Diploma in Software Development
Voted one of the world's best coding boot camps!
You only have to do an online job search to see how much demand there is for Software Developers. This is due to the fact that the online world has been completely embraced in all aspects of life. This has pushed the need for Developers through the roof. So, if you have an interest in development and the determination to learn the skills needed, then you most certainly have a bright career ahead of you.
The diploma in software development has been created by leading industry experts and is credit rated by the Edinburgh Napier University. The course is conducted online so you may study at your own pace and each student is allocated a mentor to help you through any difficult concepts.
What you will learn
Learn how to code with the high-level programming language Python and how it can be used to enhance the development of web applications.
Github is used by programmers to manage software projects through collaboration and establish version-control. You will learn how to use Github effectively.
Databases are an integral part of software development. You will learn how to use MYSQL and SQLite to create and access databases for development.
Learn how to use Agile to effectively manage software development projects to ensure your projects are delivered on time.
Use frameworks such as Django, a high-level Python framework, to ensure rapid application development and clean designs.
Prepare for your future career as a full-stack developer with our career guidance program, to ensure that you land your dream job.
Your 5 Star Support Team
Meet your friendly support team
“I strive to ensure that you receive the very best student support possible and are not only supported, but encouraged along your training journey.”
“My goal is to assist you with any queries, advice and career guidance. I will take this one step further by reviewing your CV in an effort to ensure that you put your best foot forward in a competitive job market.”
“As a certified IT Tutor, I am able to offer one-on-one guidance and instruction for any areas of the courses that you require, to ensure your success.”
You’ll have all the support you need
If you need advice or clarification on any specific part of your course, your Tutor will be available to help. They will also be on hand to give advice regarding your learning material, quiz content or to answer any general queries that you may have while you are studying.
You will receive guidance throughout your study journey from a dedicated Student Mentor who will be there to help you with the courseware in general. Upon completion of your course, they will be available to review and update your CV and will supply you with interview guidance and advice on professional conduct.
What’s included in this package?
|Course material created by industry experts and credit-rated by the Edinburgh Napier University.|
|Obtain the sought-after internationally recognised Diploma in Software Development|
|Get dedicated student support and guidance from a professional tutor|
|Take quizzes and do exercises to test your knowledge of the skills you are learning|
|Get career guidance and a professional portfolio upon completion of your course|
|14 months’ access will ensure you have more than enough time to complete your studies|
More than just courses
The best benefits included in this career package
Upon completion of this course and passing your exams, you will be awarded with the Diploma in Software Development. This is an internationally recognised certification which is highly sought-after by employers.
YOUR OWN PACE
You will be able to study in your own time and at your own pace from anywhere in the world. Your mentor will be on hand to answer any questions you have through various communication channels.
BOOST YOUR CAREER
By completing this course, you will gain valuable coding skills that employers are looking for. The job market for developers is constantly growing so you can be sure your career will be a bright one.
TRUSTED BY EXPERTS
This course has been developed with the help of leading industry experts to ensure that you get the most from your studies; and is trusted and approved by companies such as PayPal, Accenture and Mastercard.
The course developers are on the cutting edge of modern technologies, which ensures that this course consists of the most up-to-date elements that are used today. This will make certain that your skills are relevant.
As you develop your coding skills, this course will teach you how to use, and create a portfolio on, the GitHub platform. You will then be able to validate your skills to prospective employers and easily secure a job.
You Could Work Here
Here are a few examples of potential jobs that we could help you apply for after completing this package:
Junior Web Developer
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen. This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Monitoring Team
• Build applications that are used by employees at all levels of our business, from call centre staff to the Executive team.
• Design, develop and build highly resilient solutions to bring various data sources together for presentation in custom applications
• Using system automation, continuous integration and source code management tools and processes
• Ability to solve difficult technical problems and issues.
• Support and Develop our operational platforms
• Using a variety of data technologies to process large data sets to obtain accurate real time information.
• Continuous integration, ideally with Git & Jenkins and comfortable using command line package management tools.
• Working with REST APIs and processing JSON & XML data and experience in integrating multiple systems together
• Ideally you’ll also have skills or be keen to learn about Angular JS or ReactJS and familiarity with backend frameworks and databases.
• Experience in UI & UX design, Web Standards and CSS pre-processors such as SASS, and responsive web design
• You have a structured approach to work, understand impact and risk and you think beyond their areas of responsibility
• Happy working in an Agile team
Junior Web Developer
BBC Future Media’s Knowledge and Learning team is responsible for delivering online responsive products across mobile, tablet and desktop. Our vision is to unlock learning potential in everything we do. Our products make learning feel effortless because they wake and sustain your natural curiosity with connected services built around world-class BBC content.
We’re looking for a Junior Web Developer to design and implement web based solutions utilising a variety of technologies, frameworks and platforms in order to deliver industry-leading solutions.
As Junior Web Developer, you will be highly focussed on quality through the use of good engineering practices from the inception of the project through to completion.
• Writing object orientated software for web applications.
• The ability to style and apply design to web pages using CSS.
• Understanding or experience in one or more mainstream development frameworks and design patterns for example MVC.
• Understanding of web services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML, JSON and RDF.
• Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools.
• Knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration
• Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux.
Why Choose us?
We can offer you more than just a world-class training package
What Will Set You Apart
- Be career-ready in as little as 16 weeks
- Gain coding skills that employers are looking for
- Showcase your developer portfolio on GitHub
- Obtain an internationally recognised diploma
- Get tutored by industry experts
The Salary You Can Expect
- Junior Web Developer – £30,000
- Web Developer – £40,000
- Front-End Developer – £47,000
- Full-Stack Developer – £50,000
- Python Developer – £60,000
Is This The Package For Me?
If you have the ambition to learn the skills required to become a full-stack developer and gain an internationally recognised diploma then this course will be perfectly suited to you.
Unlike other online training courses where you are simply provided with information, this package has so much more. You will have a dedicated student mentor who will provide you with the on-hand tutoring that is much needed when learning how to code. The course material has been designed in conjunction with leading industry experts and is trusted by some of the largest organisations. The diploma in software development has fast-tracked its graduates from novices to career professionals in as little as 16 weeks. So if you want a full package to springboard your career as a developer then you are in the right place.
OUR CAREER ADVISORS ARE READY TO HAVE A CHAT!
Still have a question?
Please get in touch with us if you have any other questions.
Does this course have any prerequisites?
This course does not have any prerequisites. Anyone with the ability to learn and a passion for technology can apply for this course.
Will I be able to pay for my course through finance?
Yes, we offer various financing options that will enable you to pay for your studies over a period of 12 or 24 months.
Will my qualification be recognised?
Yes, after successfully completing your exams you will be awarded the Diploma in Software Development. This diploma in Software Development is a level 8 internationally recognised certification and is credit rated by the Edinburgh Napier University.
The course is validated and recommended by the IAC (Industry Advisory Council) which is a representative body that consists of a group of academics, employers and leading organisations. PayPal and Glaxo Smith Kline are just some of the members of the IAC.
Will I be supported through my studies?
You will receive world-class support right throughout your studies. Our dedicated student support team will help you with any queries, and you will be supported by a personal student mentor who will provide you with expert industry-specific tutoring.
Don’t see your question here?
Feel free to contact us. Our Course and Career Advisors can help you decide if this course package is right for you. Enquire now.