AgilePM® Foundation & Practitioner
AgilePM can be best described as creating a brand new dish: instead of writing out a complex recipe, you start off with what you know has worked for your past dishes. As you progress, you add more of one ingredient and then more of another, gradually taste-testing as you’re going, asking friends to taste-test with you for recommendations until you have a dish everyone agrees is delicious. AgilePM provides a flexible approach to managing projects by having an established, iterative process that requires communication and prioritises productivity in order to reach the most desirable end-goal for your project.
The AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner will not only provide you with the theory and principles that underpin this methodology, but it will teach you to implement these practically in an Agile context. The crux of the AgilePM approach comprises of maximised focus on customer needs, increased adaptability, and faster project turnaround times – allowing you to become an asset in your team by enhancing your project management skills to the next level.
Once completing your AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner, you will benefit from progressing to PRINCE2 Agile as it will validate your skills as a flexible and versatile Project Professional. Our Project Management Career Programme is the preferred route for students looking to kickstart their careers as Project Professionals.
Why study with us?
- Stay motivated and manage your time effectively through regular one-to-one follow-ups with your certified Tutor and Study Coach
- You have 24/7 access to your online courses, so you can study at your own pace and save on travel costs (plus an exclusive AI Tutor Bot for round-the-clock questions)
- Your official certification means that your experience is validated through industry-recognised material and highly valued in the UK (and the world!)
- Your Exam Simulator will prepare you for your official exam by providing all the conditions for sitting and passing your exam successfully, as well as your end-module quizzes
- A Simulated Project Assignment gives you the opportunity to virtually shadow a Project Manager and gain real-world, practical experience
- Your Student Community Forums give you the opportunity to share questions, ideas, and knowledge with other professionals studying this certification
- Your CV and LinkedIn profile will receive complete makeovers from your Recruitment Advisor to make sure you maximise your chances of securing rewarding opportunities
- Career and recruitment support gives you advice on how to secure and succeed in job interviews, including mock interviews and exclusive interview preparation tailored toward your prospective company and role
- Your expert Career Consultant will help you choose the right certification, and combine it with strategic guidance to make sure you achieve success in your professional journey
Avoid the negative effects of making the wrong decision about your development journey, have an open Q&A with an expert.
- Consultation with a Career Consultant to corroborate your course choice
- Unlimited, 3-month access to the AgilePM Foundation & Practitioner Courses
- Official AgilePM Foundation & Practitioner Exams
- Certified Tutor to provide assistance with course queries
- Access to a full Support Team for assistance with examination, notes, and study queries
- A professional, Project Management-oriented CV rewrite
- A LinkedIn profile overhaul to maximise your new networking opportunities
Certification: AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner
Vendor: APMG International
Course prerequisite: There are no formal prerequisites to study this qualification, if you sit and pass the AgilePM Foundation exam before sitting your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
Study time: 50 – 70 hours
Key learning objective: You will learn how to appropriately apply and implement the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario including roles, responsibilities, and Agile techniques as well as how to test, estimate, and measure progress in an Agile project.
ITonlinelearning is a verified APMG International Accredited Training Provider (ATP), which means that this certification has been rigorously assessed and approved to meet industry standards.
The AgilePM certification was developed by the Agile Business Consortium, a not-for-profit organisation with the goal of defining, uniting, and growing the field of business agility. It is accredited by the APM Group, otherwise known as APMG International: a leading accreditation and exam institute. The AgilePM certification exam has been sat by almost 200,000 professionals internationally.
The AgilePM Foundation certification does not expire and is thus a fantastic building block for your project management portfolio. The AgilePM Practitioner certification, however, requires re-certification every 5 years to ensure your Practitioner status remains in line with current best practices within your industry.
We are an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the UK’s most esteemed learning providers
Our courses have been developed in collaboration with industry-leading experts and are created by ITonlinelearning for you, exclusively.
AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario including roles, responsibilities, and Agile techniques as well as how to test, estimate, and measure progress in an Agile project. There are 8 principles that underlie AgilePM which you will also learn.
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Instrumental Success Factors
- The DSDM (Dynamic Systems Development Method) Process
- DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- DSDM Products
- DSDM Practices
- Planning and Control
- Sample Examination
- Introduction to AgilePM Practitioner
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management Through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of DSDM Projects
- Deliver on Time
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Project Planning Through the Lifecycle
- Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
Your Success is Assured
Expert Career Consultants
Our expert Career Consultants select qualifications that align perfectly with your aspirations by collaborating with you to identify your desired end-goal.
Our certified Tutors are there to assist you with course questions, exam queries, and revision so you have all the support you need to ace your exams.
Study Coaches and Mentors
Your Study Coach and Mentor is dedicated to guiding and supporting you throughout your journey by providing motivation, encouragement, and monitoring progress.
Experienced Recruitment Advisors
Your Recruitment Advisor will provide you with the tools you need to succeed, like an industry-oriented CV, LinkedIn profile overhaul, and exclusive resources.
The Key to Your Success
Your Expert Career Consultant has received extensive training in the solutions we offer, and they understand that making the wrong choice can have a negative impact on your career, and overall well-being. They’re here to:
- Get to know you, your goals, and your experience
- Help you through the best options for you
- Make sure you choose the right path: financially, psychologically, and professionally.
Career and Progression Prospects
Project Management is used in a plethora of sectors, but here are a few roles you’re qualified to explore with this certification:
Project Support Officer
IT Project Manager
Project Management Assistant
Why Choose ITonlinelearning?
You will benefit from our perfected learning & development formula by enjoying support that forms the crux of our values and mission. Our TrustScore of 4.9 has remained consistent with thousands of 5-star reviews, so we’re happy to report that our customers agree.
When we say accredited, we mean that official experts from our licensed organisations have evaluated and approved our training material to ensure it meets their refined standards. These qualifications thus make you a credible and reliable professional.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to achieving personal and professional goals. You deserve career consulting and employability advice tailored toward your specific skills, experience, and aspirations – luckily, this is our forte.
To drive your success forward to the finishing line of your goals, our team comprises of professionals available at the press of a button to provide clarity on questions you have regarding your exam booking and preparation, portal and logins, assignments, as well as quizzes. You can also access one-to-one Tutor and Mentor Support so that your queries can be resolved swiftly and comprehensively. Our Tutors are experienced and certified in their fields, too!
Your certification will provide you with a significant competitive advantage by validating your skills and knowledge – with that, you can either contribute toward your current company or grow in another one.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your lifestyle in order to advance your skills. With your development at the forefront of our mission, we have personalised financing options so that you can live comfortably whilst investing in your future.
View Our Success Stories
Our TrustScore maintains a steady rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars for excellent service, but don’t take our word for it.
Browse Our Digital Shelves for Related Courses
JOIN THOUSANDS OF SUCCESSFUL GRADUATES
AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner
Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions, and we have all the answers
Agile is an iterative (repetitive) approach to project management that emphasises flexibility, collaboration, and rapid delivery. It is particularly useful for projects that require frequent feedback and adaptation to changing requirements. You might use Agile to design and launch a new application.
Both of these AgilePM certifications were created for practising project managers as well as apiring Agile project managers. They will also benefit anyone working as part of an Agile team or those working within an Agile environment.
The AgilePM Foundation is assessed and awarded by means of an examination. This exam comprises of 50 multiple choice questions (meaning you will have to select your answers from the options you are provided with). Your exam will be 40 minutes long, and you will be required to score 50% (25 out of 50) or higher in order to pass. This is a closed-book exam.
The AgilePM Practitioner is assessed and awarded by means of an examination. This exam is objective and comprises of 4 questions with 20 points to be awarded for each question. Your exam will be 2.5 long, and you will be required to score 50% (40 out of 80) or higher in order to pass. This is an open-book exam, and so you will be able to make use of the official AgilePM manual should wish.
The AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certifications will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills you require in order to deliver projects in an efficient manner so as to meet your customer needs. Even if you are not working within project management, the AgilePM certifications will enhance your flexibility, adaptability, communication, and delivery skills.
The AgilePM Foundation certification does not expire and is thus a fantastic building block for your project management portfolio. The AgilePM Practitioner certification, however, requires re-certification every 5 years to ensure your Registered Practitioner status remains in line with current best practices within your industry.